Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Bang's Tony and Jackey, Araneta Cubao

definitely summer ready!

for some time, i've been mulling around the idea of getting a haircut because having long, thick hair may look gorgeous but for me, it was a hassle to maintain. yes, chock it up to laziness (on some days i wouldn't wash my hair with shampoo -- i would just rinse with water :|) and time constraints in the morning. i just waited for kuya popo and ate lia's wedding (congrats :D it was super fun and they were both lovely and gorgeous and happy) to be finished before chopping of a huge amount of hair.

i've been eying the newly opened Bang's Tony & Jackey beauty salon at araneta cubao (it's in shopwise, the side faceing SM) for the longest time, even when they still had that huge tarpaulin saying they were going to open soon, but like i said, i was waiting till the wedding was done (i think long hair is really nice to style with) and it was just only now that i finally went inside to get my hair fixed.

one thing i like about the salon is that it looked absolutely clean. there weren't really a lot of people so i got served real quickly and i was ushered to the hair washing station to get my hair all squeaky clean. i didn't catch the name of the girl who was shamppoo-ing my hair but she was really nice and she answered most of my brother's and my questions (what's inside that bottle? what is that thing? do men get their hair shampoo-ed too?). she also did some kind of massage thing to my head which felt nice.

after that, she ushered me to a seat and brought out two hair dryers. Ms. Ann (the stylist) appeared and both of them dried my hair off. I think Ms. Ann's really pretty and she didn't get annoyed at me when i asked her to repeat the question she said (cause i didn't understand). Her assistant acted like a sort of translator too and we spent a couple of minutes debating what kind of haircut i'd have. in the end, i settled for anything as long as it wasn't going to have that fly-away kind of effect.

Ms. Ann got to work just as quickly and i was impressed at how she cut my hair. laugh if you want but i'd like to describe her with the words 'quick and graceful' :)) yes, her movements were quick but she knew what she was doing. i really didn't keep track of the time (i was really absorbed into watching how much hair i was losing and how short hair would suit me since it's been a long time i've had short hair), but when she was done, she asked me how it looked. i eventually asked her to cut my bangs a bit shorter just for a change :)

when she was done, her assistant showed up with two hair straighteners and they both straightened my hair. after that. Ms. Ann put a bit of sweet-smelling hair serum on my hair and asked me "Maganda ba?" and yeah, i think it was. my mom told me later that Ms. Ann told her that i should brush my hair inwards all the time so my hair would look like how it is now.

I really like how the staff are so accommodating and nice and they were really thankful when i handed them a tip (it was the first time someone bowed to me in thanks, okay?) and i also like how they're efficient at things -- they would do things in pairs to get the job done quickly (i'm sure, the other girl also had two people attending to her hair as well). i also like how the staff were really professional about their work -- i really don't want to be forced to talk or engage in a conversation while getting my hair done (i'm awkward like that and i like paying attention to what's happening with my hair) so i was grateful to be given my space. respect~

I'd want to come back again next time to try out something else (they have a promo right now for hair perming or straightening but that's just till the 31st) but in the mean time, i'll just stick with how my hair looks like -- yeah, i'm just so ready for summer with my short hair :D

The haircut costs around 500 (for the guys, it's 300). For more info, you can check out their website: here.

1 comment:

  1. Bệnh mụn cóc ở tay rất dễ nhận biết được qua những biểu hiện điển hình như: Trên da nổi những sẩn màu vàng đục hoặc khớp với màu da, có kích thước nhỏ bằng hạt đậu. http://dakhoaaua.vn/cach-chua-mun-coc-o-ngon-tay-1714.html

    Những thông tin hay về các bệnh đa khoa có tại phòng khám đa khoa uy tín quận 6

    ReplyDelete